At WordCamp Cape Town 2014 I presented a workshop on building your first WordPress plugin. It was a pleasure to share my experience with everyone who attended the workshop and, as I promised at the end of the workshop, here are a few links regarding what we learnt.
Post Hit Counter
- Click here to download the demo plugin that I showed you in the workshop
- Post Hit Counter on WordPress.org: https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-hit-counter
- Post Hit Counter on GitHub: https://github.com/hlashbrooke/Post-Hit-Counter
Note that the demo plugin I showed you (and that you can download above) has a much more simplified structure compared the final plugin available on WordPress.org and GitHub. The functions are exactly the same, but the final product uses a more complete object-oriented structure.
- WordPress Plugin Template: https://github.com/hlashbrooke/WordPress-Plugin-Template
- Starter Plugin: https://github.com/mattyza/starter-plugin
- WordPress Plugin Boilerplate: https://github.com/tommcfarlin/WordPress-Plugin-Boilerplate
- WordPress Codex: http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins
- WordPress Plugin Developer Handbook: https://developer.wordpress.org/plugin/intro/
- WordPress.org plugin Developer Centre: https://wordpress.org/plugins/about – go here to submit your plugin to the repo
- My plugins: http://profiles.wordpress.org/hlashbrooke
Get in Touch
Feel free to comment here or get in touch with me on Twitter or Google+ if you have any questions!